Firstly thank you all very much for the replies, and sorry for the vague
information, that wasn't intentional I didn't know what you would need and
also I wasn't aware of the commands you ask for the output from.

Output from the dig commands: https://pastebin.com/7CDMit1R

On 23 February 2018 at 18:09, Roberto C. Sánchez <robe...@debian.org> wrote:

> What is the output of 'ip addr ls' and 'ip route ls' on one of the Linux
> clients? What are the contents of /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts on one
> of the Linux clients? What are the contents of /etc/bind/named.conf*
> (that is, all the configuration files with names starting with
> /etc/bind/named.conf)? What is the actual output where you see errors?
> For example, if nslookup fails, please provide the complete command-line
> and the complete error output. Same for apt-get or any other thing that
> is failing.

Output from 'ip addr ls': https://pastebin.com/rU27NbhQ
Output from 'ip route ls': https://pastebin.com/NGZeYuBD
Contents of '/etc/resolv.conf': https://pastebin.com/NtvT1Gf0
Contents of '/etc/hosts': https://pastebin.com/hA0Gm00p
Contents of '/etc/bind/named.conf': https://pastebin.com/qFQQWbLB
Contents of '/etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones':
https://pastebin.com/jmNEz1Mm
Contents of '/etc/bind/named.conf.options': https://pastebin.com/GUevb0t7
Contents of '/etc/bind/named.conf.local': https://pastebin.com/t85npbxG

Contents of '/etc/bind/db.nhs2.uk': https://pastebin.com/tk2P9C1S
Contents of '/etc/bind/db.10': https://pastebin.com/tLeEBsRR

Output from 'apt-get update' showing errors: https://pastebin.com/xfeUhG2p
Output from nslookup commands: https://pastebin.com/X6iyYByj
Contents of '/etc/network/interfaces': https://pastebin.com/Z5UtC3rs

Output from 'ifconfig': https://pastebin.com/vGABwGt7

On 23 February 2018 at 18:26, Greg Wooledge <wool...@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:

> What domain name did you choose for your local area network?

Domain name: nhs2.uk

> What software are you using on the DNS server?  How is it configured?

Software: Bind for DNS - Configured as per the instructions here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/dns-configuration.html

> Did you use a combined nameserver + recursive resolver on a single
> host, or did you separate the functionality?

I am not sure, I think I have only configured a nameserver, I basically
just followed the instructions in the ubuntu dns configuration guide.

> Plus, all the other excellent questions others have already given.
> In short, you must give details.  All of the details.

Thank you,

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>