On Tue 27 Feb 2018 at 03:58:30 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:
> I have days (errrr actually hours) of experience with fvwm.
> Experts (<chuckle>) are telling me that significant mods to config
> files *MANDATORY*. bull!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Can tweaking config file(s) be profitable? -- Sure!
> Are they necessary? -- *NO WAY*!!!!!

I worked long into the night :) to let you know this
in a posting 6 hours before you wrote this.

> The more I ask for meek user info (and receive *GEEK*speak), the
> more impressed I am with just how useful it can be *WITHOUT* any
> tweaks.

Bear in mind that fvwm has been around for this entire millennium
so it must be doing something right.

> I'll admit to two mods:
>  1. disposed of atrocious wallpaper.

I agree. It's easy to have different pictures every time you start/
restart it if you like (desktops), and I use a dynamic background
colour (laptops) that gives me the battery state and warns if the
temperature exceeds 80/85°C.

>  2. coerced visible font size suitable for tri-focal wearing
>     SeniorCitizen.
>
> I'll continue to ask for "end user" oriented documentation.
> I'll continue to drool over Geek Tweaks I get.
>
> I'll continue to be impressed with what can be accomplished with
> fv[w]m -- "out of the box".

Great.

Cheers,
David.