On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 11:15 +0100, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 09:46:02AM +0000, Thomas Pircher wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, David wrote:
> > > Does Debian keep a table of MAC addresses? If so where can I locate it?
> >
> > The kernel does. You can get the ARP table e.g. with
> >
> >     ip neigh list
>
> There's also the arp (8) command: you can query and manipulate
> the ARP table (arp stands for "address resolution protocol", which
> is tasked with keeping this MAC -- IP mapping up to date).
>
> For example, just typing "sudo arp" will show you a list of known
> IP Address to MAC address mappings. With "arp -s <ip> <mac>" you
> can set one such mappings. And so on.
>
> Cheers
> -- tomás
Thank you to Thomas and Tomas for replying.

I think as Thomas stated it's a router problem, I've been looking at
what the various routers are storing and not found a problem to date.

I suspect that allocating random MAC addresses is the problem and I need
to find out what I can allocate without causing problems. There must be
some rules somewhere, I suspect the Arduino uses a block of addresses
and I've duplicated something.

David.