On Fri 30 Mar 2018 at 23:16:26 (-0400), David Parker wrote:
> They are all on the same subnet, yes.  But I haven't ever seen this
> behavior before.  Normally, when I have an interface which is unplugged,
> its IP is unreachable.

So we have two machines, one with eth0, eth1, eth2, eth3 and one
with eno1, eno2, eno3, eno4. The first one has no issues, and the
second reportedly does.

What differences are there in the symptoms presented by the two
machines? Are the former's interfaces on the same subnet too?

AIUI, which is not very much, your ping behaviour is not unexpected,
and running multiple interfaces on the same subnet takes some out
of the ordinary configuration. (Or are your interfaces eno2-4 just
treading water until you have something to connect them too?)

Cheers,
David.