On 2018-04-25, Richard Owlett <rowl...@cloud85.net> wrote:

> My goal is a very minimalist install to a flash drive. It will NOT have
> GRUB - GRUB on this machine is on a dedicated partition for convenience
> in some of my experiments.
>
>  From reading several references I believe my command should be:
>
> debootstrap --arch=i386 --include=apt-get --variant=minbase
> --no-check-gpg --print-debs --keep-debootstrap-dir stable
> /media/richard/rco /media/cdrom0/????

> I have two questions:
>    1. What should replace "????" as I'll be using DVD1 of Debian 9.1.0
>       as my "repository"?

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/apds03.html.en

 "if you have a stretch Debian GNU/Linux CD mounted at /cdrom, you could
 substitute a file URL instead of the http URL: file:/cdrom/debian/"

so if this info isn't obsolete, in your case, I dunno:

file:/media/cdrom0/debian/ ?

--
"Three prisoners were locked in a cell. When the largest of them finished his
food, he immediately ate the others. Too bad. An apostrophe in the right place