Hi,

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 19:54:35 +0200
Aldo Maggi <sentini...@virgilio.it> wrote:

> As for the Subject, I' ve uninstalled pulseaudio because after an
> upgrade I couldn't hear anything from the speakers (it happened already
> in the past more than once).
>
> Now I have audio again but it appears that there is no plugin for alsa
> to use in the lower panel.
>
> I've installed "volti", it works but I cannot have it in the lower
> panel.
>
> Aldo :-)

you might want to have a look at pnmixer.
It works with both pulseaudio and plain alsa and should work with any
DE's system tray.

Regards

Michael

A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and
licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
                -- Dr. Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"), stardate
unknown