On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 3:45 AM Jonathan Dowland <j...@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 12:16:20PM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
>
> >What is your suggestion here? Apply the patch I provided (or maybe a
> >better one), or get rid of lsb-base completely?
>
> My suggestion is unless you are prepared to adopt and maintain lsb-base,
> (as Didier has made clear he wants to orphan it), find an alternative
> tool to achieve what you want.

Since I didn't understand the Debian-official position on this topic,
here is the
relevant section from wikipedia:
"Debian strived to comply with the LSB, but with many limitations.
However, this effort ceased around July 2015 due to lack of interest
and workforce inside the project. In September 2015, the Debian
project confirmed that while support for Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
(FHS) would continue, support for LSB had been dropped. Ubuntu
followed Debian in November 2015."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Standard_Base