Hi,

Jude DaShiell wrote:
> If bashburn and cdrskin can work together, you're likely to get serious
> performance increase in terms of how your drive does the actual burning.

wodim is quite ok on its own turf of CD burning.

Problems occur with bitrot.
E.g.
  wodim --devices
finds no drive any more, because we have no /dev/scd* device files any more.
(But "wodim foo --devices" finds /dev/cdrom. "*Pain!*")
Then there probably are some bugs inherited from cdrecord and some added
during development of cdrkit (which lasted not very long in hindsight).
Many of wodim's Debian bug reports describe to bad drives, bad media, or
the attempt to burn DVD.

Of course, wodim should not be used with DVD or BD media. Really. Not. Never.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas