On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:35 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 09 August 2018 12:26:24 Martin wrote:
>> >
>> > Then I suggest you reread man ntp.conf, and /etc/ntp.conf, and edit
>> > it as root until you do understand it. Note that changes to take
>> > effect, need a root session of "service ntp restart".
>>
>> Wrong topic, may be?
>> I used to use ntpd. Then tried systemd-timesyncd to act a a server.
>> Which it will not do. Hence, I run ntpd.
>
> Wrong topic? Note that nowhere in that portion of my msg you snipped, was
> systemd.timesyncd mentioned. It may have been in some other part of that
> message that I didn't author, and which you also snipped.
> You might want to let some of the stuffing out of that shirt. I was
> trying to be helpfull because the docs do suck a bit.  And helpfull
> people are harder and harder to find because of folks with an attitude

You're the one with the attitude here. Martin claimed that the
documentation for systemd-timesyncd sucked, and that it can not serve
time to a local network. You then go on to lecture him about reading
the documentation for NTP, "until you understand it", something he
obviously already does since he is already using it. After he
clarified the context, Instead of apologizing you reply with an attack
about his stuffed shirt.