on Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 02:05:25AM +0600, Satyajit Das ("[EMAIL
PROTECTED]"@spnetctg.com) wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> Just today I entire this world and also in Linux world.
> I'm single user.
> I collect Debian 3.0 beta , total 8 CD's .
> After struggle 4 days("dselect" very difficult for newbies) I installed Debian.
>
> Now wants to know or need suggestion from all users.
> Please -- please help.
> ( NB: I also visit debian mailing list archive, thousand - thousand
>   mail, It's difficults from me to find out my problem)
>
> 1) I want to upgrade complete Debain system, such as :
>       I have mutt-1.3 /need 1.4 or1.5 , kde-2.2/ need 3.x / and
>       kernel-2.2.20-idepci/ need 2.4.x Please give me the details
>       webaddress or ftp site. I'm using  broadband.

Debian dependencies coordinate software releases among many packages
(13,500+ in Debian unstable).  Why are you trying to install specific
releases?  Mutt 1.5 is in current testing/unstable.

In general:

    http://www.debian.org/doc/

Specifically:

    http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#faq
    http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#install
    http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#relnotes
    http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
    http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#apt-howto
    http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#users-guide

> 2) I'm using mutt and postfix.
>    My From field said : [EMAIL PROTECTED]@spnetctg.com (Satyajit Das)
>    but I want to show it like this: Satyajit Das

No you don't.  You need a valid email address in your from line.

Possibly:

    my_hdr From: "Satyajit Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]@spnetctg.com>"

...in your .muttrc

>    what I need to edit ?