On 4. December 2003 at 7:21PM -0600,
Hugo Vanwoerkom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]

> So I have a question: does anybody know of a way to compare ISP
> performances?

My simple method involves downloading an actual file, preferably
a file that won't shrink too much when gzipped (e.g. Debian
packages or divx videos).  With a former ISP I could download
only 8-10MB an hour.  With my current ISP I can manage 16MB an
hour.  Not being a gamer, I don't care for things like latency.
Just how much less hours I'll be spending downloading the next
GNU/Linux/BSD iso I fancy.