On 08/31/2018 08:01 AM, mick crane wrote:
On 2018-08-31 13:29, Richard Owlett wrote:
I just installed SciTE text editor from the repository.
The default font size was too small so I went looking for the
appropriate properties file.

I entered "scite" in the "Name contains:" box and chose "Filesystem"
in the "Look in folder:" box.

Got no hits.
Doing a reboot had no effect.
Doing a manual browse found the is a /etc/scite directory.
To check the tools functionality I searched for "python" getting many
hits [including /etc/python].

What's happening?

TIA

I like "locate" if I'm trying to find anything, just need to "updatedb" if install something.

Solved the problem. Evidently the MATE Search Tool uses same/similar code.
Thank you.