My thought process is that there's no reason for any advanced features in /boot
since it should rarely change (aside from the occasional kernel or driver
update).

That said, theres no real harm in using a different filesystem for /boot, such
as ext3, ext4, btrfs, etc., so long as your bootloader (ie GRUB) can read files
from it.

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted email.