Sep 16, 2018, 6:40 PM by pas...@plouf.fr.eu.org:

> old.reddit.com.               300     IN      CNAME   reddit.map.fastly.net.
> reddit.map.fastly.net.        30      IN      A       151.101.121.140
>
> These DNS records have short TTL, less than 8 minutes.
> It is expected behaviour that a cached record is discarded when its TTL
> expires.
> Check if BIND has options to force a minimal TTL on cached records.

Bind, as I understand it, does not have a setting that allows to change the
minimal TTL but unbound and dnsmasq (the later versions)  do. Instead of
installing unbound or dnsmasq I decided to simply update the /etc/hosts file
with the IPs of the non-critical sites I use most often. Works well enough.
Regards,