It was recommended that I update to Buster.
I started with Debian 9.1.0 installed from purchased DVD1.
[MATE desktop]
I edited sources.list to access online repository.
I then followed the instructions at
[linuxconfig.org/how-to-upgrade-debian-9-stretch-to-debian-10-buster]
as it had everything conveniently shown.

Everything appeared to go normally up to a point well into the actual downloading of the Buster packages. I temporarily lost my internet connection. After reconnecting apt-get gave an error message suggesting I use "--fix-missing" IIRC.

It appeared to work and boot correctly.

However Gparted no longer appears in the System->Administration menu although Synaptic shows it as installed. I blindly chose to tell Synaptic to reinstall it.

I installed stretch to another partition which I'm using now.
Is the Buster install repairable?

TIA