On 11/15/18 9:56 PM, Klaus Jantzen wrote:
Hello,

why can't I mount a USB-Stick?
I am running Stretch with XFCE. I added the 'plugdev' group to my id and I installed pmount.
When inserting a USB stick I don't even see an icon on the desktop.

What do I have to do to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

thank you very much for the quick replies.

I used 'lsblk' to find out that the stick was recognized (as 'sdd').
Then I called 'sudo journalctl -e' and saw that the system has a problem:
Nov 17 08:57:27 PC4 kernel: sd 7:0:0:0: [sdd] No Caching mode page found
Nov 17 08:57:27 PC4 kernel: sd 7:0:0:0: [sdd] Assuming drive cache: write through

Maybe the reason for that is that I had previously written some data with Windows (as I have done several times before).

Anyway: I removed pmount and used another stick and everything works as expected.

The most interesting part of this incident is, that I learned about new tools to analyze a problem.

Thank you.

K.D.J.