> On 19 Nov 2018, at 16:59, Reco <recovery...@enotuniq.net> wrote:
>
> LVM requires certain kernel modules and hooks to be present in
> initramfs.
> If your current installation lacks them, I suggest you to install lvm2
> before the backup to save yourself the hassle of regenerating initramfs
> after the restore.

Unfortunately I don’t have the system any longer (I’ve lost everything while
performing
some risky partition resizing), so I’m late--I can’t install lvm2 and then
backup. I can only rely on a backup that lacks those modules & hooks.

> Also, since it's you're using backup2l with tar backend, you'll need to
> do something to restore all those capabilities extended attributes. A
> hint here is:
>
> grep setcap /var/lib/dpkg/info/*

Uhmm... I forgot of this issue. I believe I’ll end up restoring just /home