On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 12:14:40PM -0500, Default User wrote:
>    I often see people recommend a separate home partition.
>    But why would (or not) that be better than just a home directory within
>    the root directory?
>    Wouldn't one less partition be simpler, and therefore (all other things
>    being equal) better?
>    Opinions, please.

The main reasons for a separate home partition are to share it between
multiple installations in a multi-boot scenario and/or to allow for easy
re-installation of the OS while preserving everything under /home.

If neither of those apply, then a separate home partition is not
especially beneficial.

Regards,

-Roberto
--