Celejar writes:
> https://pbsmarket.com/gdpr-for-bloggers/

This is ludidrous.  If you sell nothing to Europeans and have no
business presence there you can ignore this.  It's easy to see why many
site owners decide that the safer course is to block Europe, though,
even if they are actually already in compliance.  From their point of
view it's block Europe, hire an expensive lawyer to tell them how to
comply, or risk prosecution.

I run a small site for my business.  I collect no data at all on
visitors and use no JS, but I have no idea whether or not I'm in
compliance and I have no intention of trying to find out.

My site is hosted by Gandi, though, and I believe it is still running on
their French servers.  I suppose I should move it to the USA just to
avoid the small risk of it being shut down for failure to register or
some such nonsense.
--
John Hasler
jhas...@newsguy.com