I'm not sure if it's the exact same case but I had the same issue with a
more recent motherboard. Debian failed to detect the network card with the
E1000 drivers.

I tried an iso with the non free repo without success.

A base Ubuntu iso install was able to detect and configure the network
driver.

I'll see if I can find the adapter version. It was an Intel based adapter.