On 04/15/2019 01:12 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 17:32:47 +1000
Keith Bainbridge <keithr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Keith,

I'm more intrigued that synaptic reportedly removed itself.
How is this possible, or did some other package force its removal?

Removal occurred because of otherwise unresolvable conflicts. In this
case, with Wayland.  OP apparently didn't notice Synaptic was to be
removed, and proceeded with the upgrade.

Apt-auto-remove could remove it, me, while upgrading would use synaptic to mark synaptic as not being auto-installed then it would become a local installed package and would not be removed. there's another package in buster repos called "upgrade-system" that needs to be fixed or removed, I use it because it runs deborphan after doing a full/dist-upgrade, I think it may now be dead, also deborphan and gtkorphan cause it uses gksu, I don't think users are allowed that kind of power any longer. I ran one package and it said I needed to be Wheel, so I installed kuser to add me as wheel, while trying to use kuser I got command not found.
--
Jimmy Johnson

14.2 - KDE - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda9 - Registered Linux User #380263