On Sun, Jun 16, 2019, 2:17 PM Richard Owlett <rowl...@cloud85.net> wrote:

> I'm not experimenting with the installation process, but with what I
> want the result to be.

Those are 2 sides of the same coin.

> >    Does  top  show much use of swap anyway?)
>
> Not a parameter of my experiment's protocol.
> As I do not "know" how much swap space I require, I provide

Once again you contradict yourself. Sentence 1 states that you are
experimenting  but Sentence 2 complains that you don't know.

swap space

You said you were going to look into fstab. That's how you parse that :-)

> > You've been flogging this dead horse for at least seven years now.
>
> Horse ain't dead.

"It's dead Jim" - Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek

> No
> require my failures to be deterministic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was proven impossible in the 1930s by Alonzo Church and Alan Turing.
:-)

VM's are intrinsically unknown quantities.

Never, ever say that to Linus Torvalds.
Or Lennart Poettering.
:-)