Elmo wrote:

> and you can say, "take me to the train-station" as peremptorily in
> English as in German.
>
> part of the error in the quotation is the implication that Germans are
> curt because they need fewer words to say things.
>
> first, "take me to the train-station (please)." has pretty much the
> same number of words.

I don't know about this, but presuming imperative as a command and not as a
request is too much for me and on top of this saying "You know what
happens ..." . This is also the 3rd German with repetitive behavior
pattern. I suspect the food and/or water and/or education quality in
Germany, but do not have scientific facts :). The fact is they voted 4
times for crook Merkel, which speaks for it self but I do not know of
course who Thomas Schmitt voted for :) (or the other two individuals)

Anyway it was not meant to be a command but a request to stop this CO2 BS.

regards