Quoting Erik Josefsson (2019-06-23 15:42:05)
> On 6/23/19 8:40 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >> If random IO speed most likely is the real bottle neck, do you know
> >> of any particular brand/label/kind/category of MicroSD card that is
> >> significantly better than others in that regard?
> > https://github.com/ThomasKaiser/Knowledge/blob/master/articles/A1_and_A2_rated_SD_cards.md
> >
> > (this is perhaps 5th time I share that link with you; 2nd on this
> > list)
>
> The article by Thomas Kaiser ends with an open discussion that you can
> probably just as well buy A1 cards made before 2017.

You call a section labeled "TODO" an open discussion?  Oh well.

> The last card I bought is neither A1 or A2 but marked with a XC II
> logo. That particular markup is not mentioned in Kaiser's article.

Maybe because the text is about A1/A2 classification, only briefly
linking to the historic thread covering lesser relevant cards.

> So the article cannot tell me which of my 4 cards is likely to be the
> best for my usecase:
>
> MicroSD SanDisk Extreme PRO  64GB  [3]  XC II
> MicroSD SanDisk Extreme PLUS  64GB  [3]  XC I  V30  A2
> MicroSD SanDisk Extreme PLUS  32GB  [3]  HC I  V30  A1
> MicroSD SanDisk Ultra  32GB  [1]  HC I  (10)  A1

The section "'Application Performance Class' to the rescue" didn't help
tell you about the relevancy of A1/A2 classification?

And subsection "Real world 2018 A1 and A2 performance comparison" didn't
help tell you about real-world relevancy of A1 versus A2 classification?

Oh well.

> Ahh.. there's another hint! For some applications, disk partition
> matters?

Explained here (yes, shared a few posts ago as well):

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/SDCard#Solution_2:_Tuned_ext4
https://thelastmaimou.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/magic-soup-ext4-with-ssd-stripes-and-strides/
https://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/flashbench-results/2014-July/000479.html

 - Jonas