On Thu, 27 Jun 2019, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

hi,
trying to compile xdialog, I get the following error when running ./configure:

 *** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
 *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
 *** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
 *** full path to gtk-config.
 configure: error: Cannot find GTK: Is gtk-config in path?

several users replied about gtk-config, but actually, my problem
was "compiling xdialog" (I should have put this as subject)

The solution proposed by Sven (snapshot.debian.org) works perfectly.
thanks, Sven

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel