David Morse wrote:
Hi,
I have a USRobot. internal serial modem that was working fine under redhat 7.2. I wiped the box and installed debian, and now wvdial claims the modem smells:

titania:/dev# wvdial speakeasy
---> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.53
---> Cannot open /dev/ttyS2: Input/output error
---> Cannot open /dev/ttyS2: Input/output error
---> Cannot open /dev/ttyS2: Input/output error
titania:/dev#

When the jumpers were set for irq4 com3, instead of PnP, setserial started finding the modem at boot, then everything else was easy.