On 2019-08-01 12:15 p.m., Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 12:05:49 -0400
Gary Dale <g...@extremeground.com> wrote:

Hello Gary,

Any ideas?
If you're open to it:

You could try filezilla and see what transpires.

Raise a support ticket with that one provider, if you haven't already
done so.

Change hosting provider for that one site, to one you know works.

Filezilla had a similar problem but I noticed that it was actually stalling when running the MLSD command. Gftp didn't show that, but was showing that it was trying to get the remote directory. Searching on MLSD revealed that this is a common problem with multiple potential solutions. In my case, going into file | preferences | ftp and turning off passive transfers worked.

I'm sticking with gftp for now because I've got the bookmarks almost back to what I used to have with kbear. I don't want to have to deal with setting up new bookmarks if I don't have to.