Jonas Hedman composed on 2019-08-10 16:57 (UTC+0200):

> Hi, my monitor (Samsung S22F350FHU 22"") doesn't play nicely
> with my ThinkCentre M92p. I tried to mess with setting, and
> I got it to work somewhat ok-ish but the picture is still a
> little blurry and I got small black vertical lines on
> both sides.

The specifications I found for the M92p seem to indicate it is a they (multiple
models), and small form factor:
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd024438

Conspicuously absent are two things:

        an expansion slot that can take any graphics card

        any video port other than VGA

> A friend of mine offered to give me a MSI GeForce GT 710 graphics card
> for free. I've always been a little afraid of graphics cards + gnu/linux
> and avoided it like the pest because of all the associated proeblems of
> getting drives to work and all that.

As pictured on https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-710 it
is
a full-height device, not suited to fitting a small form factor PC. It does look
like it may come with an optional bracket set that allow installing in a small
form factor PC, which you would need, if an expansion slot turns out to be
available in the particular M92p submodel you have.

> But if I accept my friends kind offer, how hard would it be to get it
> to work properly on buster with my setup? I did some lazy duckduckgoing
> but it seems like the answers were of varying quality and "hardness".

If the card can be installed at all, it should automagically function
satisfactorily with either of two FOSS DDX:

        modesetting (upstream default), or
        nouveau (old technology; upstream optional).

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/