On Monday, August 12, 2019 10:56:22 PM riveravaldez wrote:
> >> btw which option should i add to mplayer command line
> >> so that it play only audio part (not video part)  of a file?
>
> $ mplayer -novideo file

I'm in a strange mood today (I end up here often) -- I like to see things like
that written as:

mplayer -novideo <file>

or

mplayer -novideo <filename>

It makes it more clear what is "fixed text" and what is a variable / parameter.

(Of course, it doesn't work for code that requires < and > in the syntax ;-(

(BTW, while I'm being cantankerous (that's the word I should have used
earlier, I don't like the "foo" ..., approach, my mind just doesn't seem wired
that way.

cheers to all!