On 8/17/2019 8:15 PM, Brian wrote:
> On Tue 13 Aug 2019 at 20:07:49 +0200, john doe wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While upgrading the dbus deamon, I get the following:
>>
>> "A reboot is required to replace the running dbus-daemon.
>> Please reboot the system when convenient."
>>

>> I have no plan to reboot that server, what are the pros and cons of not
>> doing that or how can I avoid rebooting altogether?
>
> In the light of Curt's reference to #805449 and your reluctance to
> provide any extra information on the server setup you have in mind,
> your plan will have to accomodate reality. Reboot and be done with
> it.

From reading this thread, here's what I understand:

Despide the word desktop being thrown everyware (URL of the page given
in this thread, ...) it has now moved to be use or at the very least
installed, on non-desktop host.

If the above is correct, is there a rule to determine if dbus is required?
Relying on apt/apt-get is something that I'm not comfortable with! :)

Thanks to anyone who has given me their thoughts.

--
John Doe