On 2019-08-29 13:45, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 08:19:29PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
Thats a miss-statement. I do want persistent interface names EVEN if I
move this boot drive to a whole new box.

This machine does in fact have 2 nic's. And I have indeed used both at
the same time but haven't mastered "consistently".

I cannot for the life of me figure out what you want.  If you can ever
figure out how to state your desires clearly, we'll try to help you.

Until then, um, good luck with whatever this is. I mean this literally,
because apparently your network configuration relies on random chance
to succeed.

hardly scientific but if you want to see which NIC is which do some network activity and see which light is flashing.
mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31