Greetings to all debian puzzle solvers incorporated;

I once wrote the "debian-10.0.0-arm64-netinst.iso" to an u-sd card, which
booted and did a net-install on an rpi-3b but my user software, linuxcnc
was built for armhf and would not run.

I'm capable of building that from src, but was not able to satisfy all
its dependencies, so gave it up. Apparently the arm64 is not capable of
supporting a 32 bit program.

This morning I pull a copy of "debian-10.1.0-arm64-netinst.iso" to see if
it worked any better, but it makes no attempt to boot when plugged into
the pi-3b.  That card, plugged back into a reader, looks like this:

/dev/sde1 /media/sde1 iso9660 ro,relatime 0 0
/dev/sde2 /media/sde2 vfat
rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro

0 0

first partition is iso9660 ? Don't recall seeing that before.

I also have that in armhf, so I'm about to rewrite that card with it.

Was the first install a fluke, or was something changed between 10.0 and
10.1 that would explain the failure?

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)