On 9/21/19 10:36 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
Jack Dangler wrote:
On 9/20/19 9:58 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
Jack Dangler wrote:
Wanted a utility for snipping youtube clips, recording skype, etc. and
someone suggested 'audio recorder' to me. I found some information for it
here -
https://mintguide.org/audio/267-audio-recorder-capture-and-record-audio-from-any-device-on-linux-mint.html
.

Adding the repo for the tool results in -

~ $ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:osmoma/audio-recorder
'This PPA does not support xenial'
Cannot add PPA: ''This PPA does not support xenial''.

Is there another tool for this purpose or is there a way to make this one
work?
If you're running xenial, then you're running Ubuntu, not
Debian.

If you're running mint, you're running mint, not Debian.

If you were generally asking for advice about recording audio,
I would recommend audacity, youtube-dl, and a thorough
understanding of either jack or pulseaudio or both.

-dsr-

And therein lies the rub. I'm _not_ running Ubuntu, which is why I was
surprised to see the "does not support xenial" message...
... what are you running? So far we have a message on the
debian-users list that mentions Mint and Xenial.

-dsr-

1 Mint

1 Debian

1 Ubuntu