Hi.

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 08:16:42PM +0200, john doe wrote:
> Hi there Reco,
>
> On 9/22/2019 7:46 PM, Reco wrote:
> >     Hi.
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 07:35:18PM +0200, john doe wrote:
> >> I want to Install Debian 10.1 using PXE as a guest using Qemu.
> >> I have downloaded the netboot.tar.gz, extracted it and use the following
> >> command:
> >>
> >> ... -boot n -net user,tftp=<PATH>,bootfile=pxelinux.0
> >>
> >> "Failed to load ldlinux.c32
> >> Boot failed: press a key to retry, or wait for reset..."
> >
> > And it says here that you should put ldlinux.c32, libutil.c32 and
> > probably menu.c32 in your <PATH>. pxelinux.0 is an executable, it needs
> > libraries ☺
> >
> > All these files are provided by syslinux-common package, and are
> > probably included in netinst iso.
> >

> Actually, I'm able to find the file with the exception of 'menu.c32'  in
> 'debian-installer/amd64/boot-screens' from the 'netboot.tar.gz'.
>
> If it helps, I can get them from the above pkg instead of the archive.
>
> Now I'm stuck at this one:
>
> "Unable to locate configuration file"

You probably need a directory called pxelinux.cfg in <PATH>, and a file
called "default" in there.

Something like this should get you rolling (menu.c32 is needed for this
file to work):

=== cut ===
default menu.c32
prompt 0
noescape 1
allowoptions 0

menu title PXE Boot Menu

label d-i
    menu label Debian Buster Installer (amd64)
    kernel linux
    append tasks=standard pkgsel/language-pack-patterns=
pkgsel/install-language-support=false vga=788 initrd=initrd.gz priority=low

It's assumed that you'll put linux and initrd.gz from netinst in <PATH>

> P.S.
> I may have have misspelld your name in the past, sorry about that.

It's a common mistake, I hold no grudge over it.

Reco