----- Original Message -----
From: "Raquel Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I have ClamAV running, just checking files.  The documentation which
> comes with it says that it shouldn't be run to check email.  Is this
> real?
>
> So, I went and got Amavis-ng ... but it wouldn't set up properly to
> scan emails using the data files from ClamAV.

If you decide to go with exim4-heavy-daemon, there is a great tutorial on
getting SpamAssassin going here :http://ursine.ca/~baloo/clamd-exiscan.txt
I followed the tutorial and have ClamAV scanning e-mail before delivery.
This list is a good place to start in getting exim4-heavy-daemon and ClamAV
running.