Nicolas George wrote:

> Is there somewhere in Debian a KISS version of GnuPG or something
> compatible?
>
> The current default version of GnuPG, since 2015, necessarily uses a
> client-server agent to access the private keys. While it is convenient
> and secure for everyday use, but for some tasks, the efforts it makes to
> protect my files from myself prevent me from doing the tasks I want.

the agent was always there - better do a proper setup and btw. what does it
have to do with your files

> As a short-term solution, does anyone know how to add a pass phrase to a
> private key while exporting it, without changing it on the storage?

???
https://www.dewinter.com/gnupg_howto/english/GPGMiniHowto-3.html#ss3.5

Finally you have to enter a password (actually passphrase would be more
appropriate, since blanks are allowed). This password is used to be able to
use the functionality which belongs to your secret key.

and
https://gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN513

Protecting your private key

To help safeguard your key, GnuPG does not store your raw private key on
disk. Instead it encrypts it using a symmetric encryption algorithm. That
is why you need a passphrase to access the key. Thus there are two barriers
an attacker must cross to access your private key: (1) he must actually
acquire the key, and (2) he must get past the encryption.