Thanks for the reply. Replies inline

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 7:41 PM Cindy Sue Causey <butterflyby...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11/18/19, Bhasker C V <bhas...@unixindia.com> wrote:
> >
> >   Attached is screenshot of the settings I have used.
> >
> >   The auto-raise interval on the other hand is not honouring the
> > setting. No matter what the raise interval is configued as, the windows
> > auto-raise in 0.5 seconds. Please could someone tell me if I am missing
> > something ?
>

> Maybe... one setting is taking precedence over the other? Order of
> appearance can have a very frustrating effect in some aspects of
> programming. CSS stylesheets within website design always instantly
> come to mind there, but maybe networking has some nice examples closer
> to what's being asked here.
>
> Have you tried untoggling (unclicking/unchecking) one or the other of
> those settings to see if it changes things? I'm a-suming *yes*, but it
> never hurts to ask anyway. :)

yes

> Looking hard at your printscreen, it just FEELS LIKE there could be
> conflict between "Focus follows mouse" having a time delay setting...
>
> AND THEN... there exists that secondary, DIFFERENT time delay setting
> that SEEMS TO say it is triggered by-y-y....
>
> A window more generically receiving focus by *any* means available to the
> user.
>
> Maybe that's bottlenecking its response somehow?
>
> Like maybe it could use slightly more specific IF/ELSE/THEN(?) steps
> to cover more usage cases that are individually tied to those initial
> radio buttons at the top?
>
> Like maybe the radio buttons could be aligned vertically instead of
> horizontally...

I even tried to edit  ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfwm4.xml
and I have set the value of raise to
<property name="raise_delay" type="int" value="5000"/>
Even that did not make any difference (given the max delay is  2000)

AND THEN offer the various time delay option check boxes, etc, such as