David wrote:

> I offer this as "level-1 support" :) general information, I don't know
> exactly what the problem is, but if you cut and paste here the output of
> 'ssh -v ...' then someone here can give you better advice based on that.

That's excatly the same issue I run in with this report too.

One of my assumption is that the sshd isn't running on the target system
("systemctl status sshd" might help); or he might want to login as root
(maybe not obviously, because somewhere configured), and root logins are
disabled.

A lot of information required for help lack of here.

Kind regards,
        Klaus.

--
Klaus Singvogel
GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27