On 2019-12-05, ghe <g...@slsware.net> wrote:

> I found out about it in an article on Internet security/privacy on the
> New York Times -- it's safe for mortals.
>
> OTOH, I haven't been able to get anyone around here to switch from GMail...

What the aging hoi polloi might not be able to grasp is why, after many
decades and even centuries of communication using diverse media (notably
postal and telephone services) without encryption for the masses (i.e.
for those who are neither spies nor wise guys nor soldiers engaged in
battle et. al.), it has now somehow become a crucial need.

--
“The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence
is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.”