Jonathan Brandmeyer wrote:
I am attempting to install Borland JBuilder 7 on a Sarge system with the
Sun JRE/SDK 1.4.1-3 already installed (directly from Sun).  The
installer is written in Java, so unfortunately I am not able to figure
out exactly what it causing the error.  After asking all of its
questions the installer starts to work and immediately causes a kernel
panic.

If there is anything else I can provide to help debug this problem,
please ask.

Thanks,
Jonathan Brandmeyer

The kernel's last words to the console:
hfs_fs: unable to locate alternate MDB
hfs_fs: continuing without an alternate MDB
hfs_fs: Filesystem is marked locked, mounting read-only
hfs_fs: unable to locate alternate MDB
hfs_fs: continuing without an alternate MDB
hfs_fs: Filesystem is marked locked, mounting read-only
Kernel Panic: scsi_free:Trying to free unused memory
In interrupt handler - not-syncing

The installer is running from CDROM on a DVD+/-RW combo drive under
ide_scsi emulation.

HFS is the apple file system. Was the CD burned on a Mac? Maybe you do not all the necessarf stuff to support the HFS filesystem. It could also be a kernel bug.. Interesting.

-Roberto