On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 11:12 AM Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <
edua...@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:

> On seg, 30 dez 2019, rhkramer wrote:
> > It would not be that hard to create a new mailing list for raspbian
> users,
> > maybe over on groups.io (can even be done for free).
>
> There are already support channels for raspbian:
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/ . True, it's a forum, not a
> mailing list, but it's probably better to use that than to split
> support in two places.

+1

I find it amusing that some of the Controversies we experience here occur
there also.  For example, one person innocently posted, about how he had
successfully installed Devuan 64 on a Pi 3 [1], and was happy, only to get
harassed by those, on the Forum that thought Raspbian was the only OS to
ever use. (LOL!)  Add to that a heated SystemD "discussion", and I don't
blame the Moderator for shutting down the Thread!

[1] https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=170125

Kenneth Parker

P.S.  I am of the "There's room for multiple Init Systems" crowd, even to
maintaining, both Devuan and Debian (Stretch and Buster) Systems.