Hi,

kaye n wrote:
> it seemed ok, but this is what gparted is showing:
> First partition is a mere 2.88MB FAT32 partition.  The rest is unallocated
> partition, 14.43gb. Obviously it failed again.

Not necessarily.
As said, the partition editors hate the isohybrid partition layout.

Use fdisk for inspection, if you are curious.

Just try whether it boots, if you just want to run the Live system.

> They're always near my cellphone when I put them in my bag. Can cellphones
> do that?

I think the risk is higher that they cook the user's brain or cause
forearm tendinitis while playing Tetris.

> Guess I'll try another flash drive.

Don't give up on the first drive too early.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas