Hi,

  On my DVR, I am running fairly old version of kernel (3.13.0-132-generic, mythbuntu 14.04.5 LTS). I want to convert ext4 fs on this server to 64bit so that I can grow it past 16TB limit. At that time of installation (2014), e2fsprogs did not support 64bit fs.  Now it does. Before I get the source and build and update e2fsprogs and then the file system, I want to make sure that my current kernel version does not have any limitation to support 64bit ext4.   My google searches do not mention any kernel limitations. I think this is due to my inability to ask the right question to google. Appreciate any help I can get on answering my question.

At this time it is difficult for me to upgrade the kernel without updating the distribution (and hence mythtv) and that path is beyond me at this time due to time constraints.

Ramesh