> Usually a UUID collision is a result of a subtle mistake, like cloning
> a disk and then trying to mount a file system by UUID while the clone
> is still attached.  At least, that's the first scenario I can think of.

I wouldn't call it a "subtle mistake".  Instead it's what *always*
happens when I make a clone: I always mount it right afterwards to
perform some checks and/or tweaks, and I never have any reason to
unmount the original before doing that.

Of course, that doesn't bother me: the clone's LV has a different name,
so whether the UUID is the same or not doesn't affect it.

        Stefan