On 2/23/20 5:00 AM, Curt wrote:
I never understood the actual procedure for unmounting when gvfsd was
doing it;s thing, nor how to prevent the whole mess in the first place
(short of doing without gvfsd, et al).
Well, at any rate, I can only believe your deal here (*completely*
unrelated to the tool 'undisksctl', BTW, contrary to what some have
insinuated) is the exact same deal as the one exposed in the thread you
initiated about a year ago

whose upshot appeared to be

  root@martha:~# lsof /dev/sdb
  lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfsd-fuse file system
  /run/user/1001/gvfs
        Output information may be incomplete.

and in which David Wright advised:

  The man page suggests that running   gvfsd --no-fuse   or setting a
  value to   GVFS_DISABLE_FUSE   will stop it running.

  How to set an environment variable in a DE is left as an exercise for
  the reader.

The gvfsd --no-fuse doesn't do it for me.