On 2020-05-25 at 16:04, Marco Möller wrote:

> If installing (default parameters in use: with recommends) a package,
>  and right afterwards removing it, then the by recommendation drawn
> in packages do not become removed automatically. The system is
> swelling with no more wanted packages!

If I'm parsing you correctly: as I understand matters, this is because
for all the package system knows, you might have started using the
previously-Recommended package for some other reason, and removing it
might leave you surprised when that other thing doesn't work anymore.

The solution is to tell apt to remove all automatically-installed
packages that don't have anything depending on them:

$ apt autoremove

You need to run this manually (or explicitly from within a wrapper
script of some kind) after each removal, but that's not a major burden,
and it avoids the "something broke that I didn't realize was installed
as a recommendation" downside from above.

--
   The Wanderer