On 6/8/20 10:22 PM, Matthew Campbell wrote:

I bought a new 4 terrabyte hard drive that is connected with a USB
cable using USB2. It took about 32 hours to read every sector on the
drive to look for bad sectors. I started blanking the sectors using
/dev/zero last Friday night. It still isn't done. Is there a way I can
find out how much data a particular process has written to the disk?
I'm using Debian 10.4.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb ibs=4096 count=976754646

name=Matthew%20Campbell&email=trenix25%40pm.me

Recently I posted here with the subject line: "have you seen this inside..."

And I was lectured by no fewer than three people.

The subject line in this thread is: "How long will this take?"

I struggle to understand the difference between the two subject lines
that merits their different treatment.

Thanks.