Dan Ritter wrote:
> Doug McGarrett wrote:
>>
>> Someone along this thread mentioned key-pullers. I have a couple of IBM
>> model M
>> keyboards that haven't been cleaned in years. They work well anyway, but I'd
>> like to clean
>> the keys. Where could I get one of those key-puller tools?
>> (If you ever get a chance to get one, TAKE IT! There's no better keyboard
>> anywhere than
>> this, altho it's too loud for a crowded office. And ALT-ESC will do the left
>> Windows-key
>

> $10 at NewEgg. $5-15 at Amazon.
>
> but the keycaps on the Model M are among the easiest to pull by
> hand; I like to have a small flat-bladed screwdriver nearby, to
> pop one edge of oddly-placed keycaps.
>
> You may want some isopropyl alcohol to wipe away finger-grease
> from the remaining surfaces of the keyboard.

  a butter knife will work ok too.

  i agree though about the Model M and similar keyboards and
really miss mine.  too bad that that unicomp keyboards won't
work for me (i've broke two of them the past x number of years
and can't figure out how to fix them and since they're not
sturdy enough it isn't worth sending them in for repairs).

  songbird