Roberto Sanchez wrote:
Kent West wrote:

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

Kent West wrote:

<snip>

The nForce is the mobo chipset (not the graphics chip). If I had it to do over, I would get an AMD (which I already have) a mobo with VIA chipset and no onboard anything (except maybe sound, since that is not so important to me). Also, the onboard nForce takes a proprietary binary-only driver to work. The nForce2 sound (a modified i810) is pretty decent.

-Roberto

I would like a mobo that uses memory that I now have in this KT7A mobo (Type:168pin SDRAM DIMM 256MB) *and* AMD, like you say, *and* VIA chipsets *and no onboard anything* *but* thermal control that allows for the fan to be turned off when not needed.
Anybody know of that combination or where to search for it? I usually look at Newegg, which is very complete but no Linux of course...

Hugo.