On Saturday, August 29, 2020, 7:31:03 PM EDT, David <bouncingc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 at 09:08, Long Wind <longwi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> where does /var/log/installer/syslog reside?
> on the problem disk?

In the filesystem of the new installation.

> but i've just erased with command suggested by Marco:
> sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda1 bs=8M status=progress

It appears that you erased it then.

Many people have requested:
CAN YOU PLEASE STOP TOP-POSTING.

This means "please stop writing your reply at the top
of the message".

On a mailing list, it is polite to trim replies for context,
just keep the essential information like I have done above,
so that it is like a conversation, and reply underneath.
This is named "interleaved style".

Explained here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Choosing_the_proper_posting_style
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Trimming_and_reformatting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#How_much_to_trim

top-posting is default behavior of yahoo mail. i don't know why it's
inconvenient for some list users. wikipedia.org is blocked in china.

i've just installed buster to the problem diski have no problem this timeit's
still mystery to me why it failed so many times in the past.
Thanks to all that reply and help!